For more information by topic, click on the following links:
My honourees: Jonathan Kenyon and Kirsi Munck
Details of my training
My Virtual Team in Training

Monday, June 1, 2009

A good week

Training went well this past week. The weather was cool and I stuck to my program. No really long runs yet, but I did a total of 32km, including a couple of good tempo runs, a relaxed run home from work one evening, and a decent long run of 11km yesterday. Legs seem to be up to the challenge, which is great.

My plan is to run just 4 days a week, but try to make every workout count. I also plan to bike to work (21km round trip) 2-3 days per week. My middle aged waistline is telling me some core work is in order so I'll try to find time for yoga and strength training too. Hoping to run with the Running Room group on Wednesday nights so I'll be inspired to pick up the pace a bit. It turns out only hardcore (read "fast") runners have signed up for the RR marathon clinic this session -- meaning I"ll be doing all my long runs alone. Ah, well. It won't be the first time. The good thing about it is that I'll be able to head out as early as I want to avoid the heat. (I am such a morning person --NOT!!)

Time to get some sleep. Sleep is very high on my list of "must dos" in the coming months, and I'm definitely feeling ready to tuck in.

Go team!!

No comments:

Post a Comment