For more information by topic, click on the following links:
My honourees: Jonathan Kenyon and Kirsi Munck
Details of my training
My Virtual Team in Training

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Final weeks before Chicago


I'm back home after two weeks down east on vacation and can hardly believe that in less than 11 days I'll be running the Chicago marathon with 45,000 other people. Five months of training and fundraising have passed so quickly.

This week has been hectic as my fellow Ottawa TNTers and I prepared for a major fundraiser tomorrow night. Once that's behind us, I plan to get serious about resting up for the race. I've got some catching up to do!

I received an email from Kirsi this week saying that she is feeling well and still hopes to run 10km "with me" on race day. What an inspiration it will be to think of her -- so many thousands of miles away in Helsinki but with me in spirit!

I'll be thinking of lots of others too -- including all the those whose names I've written on my inspiration band, family, friends and colleagues who've been so supportive, Jon's and Kirsi's family and friends, and all my TNT teammates. I couldn't have done this without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment