For more information by topic, click on the following links:
My honourees: Jonathan Kenyon and Kirsi Munck
Details of my training
My Virtual Team in Training

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

More inspiration: Anjali Chadha

I wrote a few weeks ago about how, on race day, I plan to wear an "inspiration band" containing the names of 26 people I want to think about during each mile of the race.

One of those people is my colleague, Anjali Chadha.


Anjali was diagnosed with leukemia when she just 4 years old and underwent radiation and chemotherapy treatments for a period of about 18 months. She still remembers how much she hated all the needles, and that it was several years before she understood why she’d spent so much time in hospital and what it meant to be a cancer survivor.

Two decades later, Anjali remains healthy and strong, and is all about living life to the full. Recently graduated from university, she’s settling into her first grown-up job, and pursuing her goal of becoming a CMA.

In her spare time, she volunteers with Students Aiding Village Empowerment, an organization that raises funds for the development of an Indian village located near Jaipur, where her dad grew up. She also works out regularly, plays recreational soccer on weekends and performs traditional Indian dances at community functions.

Anjali's bubbly, warm personality and positive attitude make her a joy to know and work with. It will be an honour and pleasure to celebrate her and her recovery from leukemia on race day.

Here's a partial list of the other people I'll be thinking about on October 11th: My TNT colleague, Gillian Grant; Michael (the nephew of dear friends); Dawn Collins (an old family friend, who passed away last year); Maeve (the adored daughter of a law school classmate who passed away at the age of 5), Leah's granddad, Jack Fargey (the father of another colleague), Yvan LeClerc (a close friend of old dear friends of mine), David Williams (the father-in-law of a friend and former colleague); and Diana's friend and colleague, Ted Scanlon.

Please let me know if there are other names you would like to add to my inspiration band. It would be a privilege for me to honour your loved ones in this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment