For more information by topic, click on the following links:
My honourees: Jonathan Kenyon and Kirsi Munck
Details of my training
My Virtual Team in Training

Sunday, August 9, 2009

The fight against cancer is international

This week Kirsi sent me this photo of herself displaying a beautiful painting she made while attending a yoga course a few weeks ago. It's wonderful to see her looking so happy and relaxed after the very tough year she's had. What an inspiration!

In the email that accompanied the photo, Kirsi observed that the fight against cancer is truly international. For example, even though she lives in Finland, the drug cocktail Kirsi's doctors used to fight her cancer was developed in Italy.

It's good to be reminded that the funds my sponsors contribute to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada (almost $5,000 so far) will support medical research that may end up benefitting people not just in Canada but around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment