For more information by topic, click on the following links:
My honourees: Jonathan Kenyon and Kirsi Munck
Details of my training
My Virtual Team in Training

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Gratitude

My long run today was a bit tough so I had to work harder than usual at feeling good about it. Half way through, when I was starting to feel sorry for myself, I decided I'd better make a list of the things I was grateful for instead of dwelling on the things that hurt. Here's what I came up with (in no particular order):
  • Being able to run when so many others can't.
  • The many caring and generous family, friends and colleagues who have offered financial and emotional support over the past 9 weeks.
  • My fabulous husband who offers daily love and encouragement, and ensures that I am always properly fed and watered.
  • Beautiful recreational pathways and trails on which to run.
  • The unseasonably cool, damp weather which has made marathon training during an Ottawa summer so much easier than I expected.
  • New TNT friends and colleagues who share my passion for running and for wanting to make a difference.
  • Kirsi and Jon for inspiring me to take on this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment