For more information by topic, click on the following links:
My honourees: Jonathan Kenyon and Kirsi Munck
Details of my training
My Virtual Team in Training

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Chicago Tomorrow!

I just received word that a couple of my teammates have already arrived in Chicago, and I’ll be on a plane myself in less than 21 hours. It feels surreal at the moment – but that may be just because excitement and nervousness have prevented me from getting much sleep the week. My coaches tell me it doesn’t matter – that the months of training, adrenaline and the energy of 1 to 1.5 million spectators will carry me through. I hope they’re right!

At this point, I’m pretty much packed but I have a few last minute chores to do this evening – the most important of which are printing photos of Jon and Kirsi to pin to my shirt and getting my inspiration band ready to go. Whatever else happens this weekend, I want to make sure I spend the race thinking about the people I’m running for and why the fight against all forms of cancer – and blood cancers, in particular – is so important.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janice!! Congradulations!! Well describe and we will definitiely keep in touch! What a great experience !! we will have to run Chicago a second time to appreciate every minute!!
    Keep on running !! we are so lucky we can run!! Cheers!!
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete