For more information by topic, click on the following links:
My honourees: Jonathan Kenyon and Kirsi Munck
Details of my training
My Virtual Team in Training

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Chicago Tomorrow!

I just received word that a couple of my teammates have already arrived in Chicago, and Ill be on a plane myself in less than 21 hours. It feels surreal at the moment but that may be just because excitement and nervousness have prevented me from getting much sleep the week. My coaches tell me it doesnt matter that the months of training, adrenaline and the energy of 1 to 1.5 million spectators will carry me through. I hope theyre right!

At this point, Im pretty much packed but I have a few last minute chores to do this evening the most important of which are printing photos of Jon and Kirsi to pin to my shirt and getting my inspiration band ready to go. Whatever else happens this weekend, I want to make sure I spend the race thinking about the people Im running for and why the fight against all forms of cancer and blood cancers, in particular is so important.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janice!! Congradulations!! Well describe and we will definitiely keep in touch! What a great experience !! we will have to run Chicago a second time to appreciate every minute!!
    Keep on running !! we are so lucky we can run!! Cheers!!
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete